DRIFTING HW-101

Kent Kressenberg krkress at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sun Jun 17 13:59:36 EDT 2007

Hello to a MOST helpful group...

I have a nice HW-101, acquired from a guy on list a few months ago, working great and very stable until recently I note an increasing tendency to drift from set frequency, even after ample wam-up time... a guy called me on being off-freq less than 10 minutes into a QSO last night and the rig had been on for a couple of hours.
 Where do I start... what do I look for? Is this something that tube(s) replacement is likely to help, is alignment needed... what do you think? It has been a lot of years since I've done much trouble-shooting, so I would appreciate any guidance offered.

73 de WB4SYU,
Kent
Chattanooga, TN.