FYI: TX-1 Temp Study

john johnmb at NC.RR.COM
Tue Jun 26 17:28:53 EDT 2007

Another thought, is that there's significant IR energy emitted by the
various tubes in the immediate vicinity of the power and mod
transformers.  The black metal transformer shells do an excellent job of
soaking this up. In the 32V2 I rebuilt (due to, you guessed it, a bad LV
transformer) I attached an aluminum shield with a dot of double side foam
tape, to reflect this energy from being deposited into the
transformer.  Yes, it probably causes the rectifiers to run hotter, but
they're more easily replaced than transformers!

John K5MO