SB-101 LMO

Army Curtis - AE5P ae5p at SUDDENLINK.NET
Mon Mar 5 00:33:07 EST 2007

Rich,

I think you will find that the problem is in the washer-like devices, each
with a tab stop, on the LMO shaft. They are a very clever arrangement to
"count turns", and limit the total number of revolutions the LMO shaft is
allowed to make. When the unit has sat unused for a long time, one or more
of the devices often tend to stick together, and limit the turns count to
something less than the original.

While you could always disassemble the whole mess and unstick them, I
frankly have had pretty decent luck in simply turning the main knob rather
quickly into the improper "stop" (the one at 3+ on your dial), until they
unstick. I can't promise it will work in every case, but it has worked quite
well for me, and is definitely a whole lot easier than a complete
disassembly of the LMO.

Hope this helps.

Army Curtis - AE5P
Nacogdoches, the oldest town in Texas