Audio gain pot needed.

Jan Ditzian ditzian at ALLTEL.NET
Thu Mar 8 19:06:24 EST 2007

Ken,

I recently added a standby switch to my SB-201 and needed a pot and
switch similar to what you need (I wanted linear taper).  Mouser has a
push-pull switch and pot, but the shaft is slightly smaller than
standard, I used alpha 313-1600F-xxx.  If you look at the figure, you
will see a notation of P-P.  This is a 16mm shaft.  I think that 24 mm
(alpha 31M series) may be closer to what you want in size, but you can
see in the figure that the switch on the back looks like the standard
end-of-rotation switch.  The figure near it does not mention P-P.

I chose to try the small pot with the P-P switch.  The SB-201 knobs use
a set screw and have big skirts, so the difference is not noticeable and
does not affect function.

By the way, I ordered this over the telephone and I asked the
salesperson whether the switch for the 313 series was at the end or was
push-pull, and she did not know; she then summoned a tech, who said it
was end of rotation.  So much for expertise, it was push-pull, which was
what I wanted anyway.  The push-pull is only DPDT, so you can choose
whether you want the on position to be in or out.

I have not yet located a push-pull potentiometer in standard size.

Jan, KX2A