Companion Receiver For DX-100

wa4fki wa4fki at NC.RR.COM
Sat Mar 31 11:31:30 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I just acquired a DX-100 and restored it. I too wondered what would be a good companion receiver for it. I had the problem partly solved.... I was given a near new Hammarlund HQ-170 receiver, it seems to work better than the Kenwood TS-930S for CW and sensitivity....

Little research revealed:
   Collins 75A4                   1955
   Hammarlund HQ 140X   1953-1956
   Hammerlund HQ 145      1959-1963
   National NC 240D            1947-1948
   National NC 183               1947-1952
   National NC 300               1955-1958
   Hallicrafters SX 42           1946
   Hallicrafters SX 117         1962
   RME 45                             1946
   RME 4350                         1950's
   Drake  1A                           1957-1959
   Drake  2A                           1960-1961

Personally if I was to choose would pick the National NC-300, size is about same...

73's
Bill
WA4FKI