DX-100 mate

W5EUQ w5euq at VERIZON.NET
Sat Mar 31 14:04:01 EDT 2007

I'd say, National's like the NC183D, Hammarlund HQ's various,
Hallicrafters various and others similar.  I built several DX100's for
other people and they all had receivers like above.
One tip on the DX100.  I found that it had a problem on 15 meters.  If
the drive was too low, it was because half of the driver plate coil was
"usurping the RF".... I scrapped about three turns on the top of the
coil where the 160 meter portion was and soldered across the turns.
This brought the drive back to normal for 15 meters.
I wondered if later that Heath may have changed the design slightly to
correct that flaw.   Never did check.
Bob  W5EUQ Tampa