FS: Heathkit, Hallicrafters and Skillman

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Thu May 3 13:13:51 EDT 2007

Here are some items for sale.  Prices do not include shipping.  I will
ship overseas.

Hallicrafters SX-24 Receiver with Manual...........$200 plus shipping
This radio is in nice condition for a 65 year old receiver. The front
panel silk screening looks very good and it has all of the correct
knobs. The radio does have some scratches as seen in the photos. I did
receive stations on the broadcast band and some of the short wave bands.
I was able to hear my signal generator on the higher frequencies as the
bands were dead. The BFO works and the S-meter work. This receiver will
need electrical restoration as it appears to be all original under the
chassis. Includes a photocopy of the manual.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/sx24.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/sx242.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/sx245.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/sx246.JPG

Heathkit XC-2 2 Meter Converter...........$85 plus shipping
This converter may be used with receivers tuning any 4 mc segment
between the frequencies of 22 and 35 mc when appropriate crystal is
used. Converts 144-148 mc signals to 22-26 mc. This unit is in excellent
cosmetic condition. It is untested. Includes a schematic.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/xc2.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/xc22.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/xc23.JPG

Japanese Skillman Bug (Telegraph Key).........$85 plus shipping
This bug was marketed widely by Lafayette Radio and Radio Shack in the
1960s. It was manufactured from 1953 to 1968 by Dentsuseiki which then
became Hi-Mound. The word ''Japan'' is usually found molded into the
bottom. The clear plastic cover is often missing or broken. It has an
excellent ''crisp'' feel when properly adjusted.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/ja_bug.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/ja_bug2.JPG

73 and thanks for looking.
Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector