Heath HW-9 dial

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 9 20:33:15 EST 2007

I have been able to re-create the dial for the Heath
HW-9 equipment in the original white lettering on
black background format.  From the photos I mistakenly
"assumed" that the calibration scale was translucent.
However, from the dial that was sent to me as an
example I see that the scale is not translucent.
Therefore, what I have available does have the black
background.

The HW-9 dial does require quite a bit more work than
that of the HW-7 and HW-8 that I have recently added
to the "stable" of reproduction dials.  This is
because of the horseshoe shaped cut-out.  The addition
of the HW-9 now means that another dial is added to
the reproduction dials that I make.  The dials that
are presently available for the Heath equipment are:

Mohawk RX-1
Apache TX-1
Cheyenne MT-1
Comanche MR-1
HG-10
HG-10B
DX-100
DX-100B
VF-1
HW-7
HW-8
HW-9

Paper labels are available for the following Heath
equipment:

Apache TX-1
Mohawk RX-1
SB-10
XC-2
XC-6

Paper labels for National are:

Gold "made by"
RAS / early HRO plug-in coil

For WRL

Yellow transmitter

and for Collins

32V- series tube placement

The information on the HW-9 dial is at

http://k9sth.com/uploads/HW-9_advertisement.JPG

and the other dials and label the links are found at

http://k9sth.com/Page_3.html

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

http://mail.yahoo.com