SB-102 15m "ghost"

Bob W5UQ W5EUQ at VERIZON.NET
Mon Nov 12 22:14:36 EST 2007

Suggestions:
Make sure SHIELD over 6CL6 and shield on driver 6cb6 or 6au6(cant
remember which tube) that shields are scraped and grounded to the ground
pin.  Also check the wire that goes through the chassis near the driver
tuning varible capacitor.  It can cause "oscillations" sometimes and
only on some bands.  Move it some to make sure it sticks through the
chassis "just like the manual says".
Then next try neutralizing the 6146's.

Hope this helps some.  I've worked on several and tuned them all up.
Had oscillations occur similarly to what you describe.

Bob  W5UQ  Tampa