tube shields

kd4e doc at KD4E.COM
Tue Nov 13 15:56:25 EST 2007

I see the logic of painting the inside but painting the
outside makes no sense to me at all.

Paint is an insulator - a slick reflective surface on the
outside resists the absorption of heat from other sources
(other than the tube it covers) and allows air to flow
more quickly across the outside surface wicking-off heat.

WDYT?

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html