Zero beat

Tom Buchanan tlbuch at SCRTC.COM
Wed Nov 14 00:51:10 EST 2007

I have a Heathkit SB-101 and can't zero beat it with the calibration
crystal.  The crystal is oscillating.  If I understand it correctly, the
audible signal should be a "V" with the zero beat at the bottom, but it is
more like a " / ".  I have a Heathkit HW-100 and it definitely has the "V"
signal pattern when I use the 100 KHz calibration to zero the dial.

Any advice on how to correct this would be appreciated.

73,

Tom

KG4KGY