SB-102 CW sidetone

Emil Dular WD4SCZ at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 27 09:38:19 EST 2007

SB-102 CW sidetone only adjusts from extremely loud to even louder.  I recall this being a semi common problem but forgot where I read about the fix.

With the AF gain set at a comfortable level for receive, the CW
sidetone when transmitting is painfully loud despite the CW tone
volume control being set to minimum.   The phone volume has been set
so no AF gain adjustment is needed going back and forth between
speaker and headphones.

 If I am thinking right,  increasing the value of R318 should do the
trick? It is a 100k resistor between the first grid and ground V14B

 Any advice on the simplest or most elegant solution would be
 appreciated.

73 es tnx

Emil  WD4SCZ