DX-100B Problems

joe w0tut at COMCAST.NET
Tue Nov 20 07:17:01 EST 2007

Hi Mike

Your comments on the DX-100B bring baack some nice memoriesback around 1963
when I bought a bran new/ transmitteer/  As a matter of fact that is the
last rig .
that I bought_NEW{( other than a Vikingf Ranger I used before purchasing the
DX100B.)

And I made a complete set of notes on ooperatilng voltages and currents and
 presently looking for thatsheet which included mailntenance p;roblems and
 variouis components replaced. , etc..And will send you a xeros copy when I
filnd
it.
And you are right the VFO has two sections, one covering160 and 80 mt.a
and the second that covered 40 meters  and drove the xmtr on 15 and 10 mtrs.

I mainly wanted to operaate RTTY on 20 mtrs( had a model 15 machine and a
W2PAT convertter Aand found that the DX100B had a bad chirp and lot of
frequency drift on 20 meters.

To solve thils p;roblem I disconnected the pawl switch that switched the VFO
between 160 mtrs and 40 meters leaving the 160 VFO on at all positions
of the band swiltch.  The 160 meter portion of tghe VFO had lower drive,
to drive the 20 band with the but it wowrked fine getting almost normal
power output from the 6146s and with no chirp and vy stable output on
20 meters. ( which is wht I wantted to operate RTTY.)
In regard to your problems will get back to you with some ideas after
lookilng at my maintenance sheet..

Good luck aaand more later.''   73 de Joe W0TUT