Drifting SB-301

Janusz Juryk ve2zhp at YAHOO.CA
Sun Oct 7 13:31:31 EDT 2007

Greetings everyone,

I have recently started having problems with my SB-301
receiver. The 301/401 combo is setup in the transceive
mode using the receivers LMO.  Couple weeks ago
towards the end of a lengthy QSO, the receiver started
drifting 4-5 khz up and down and I was not able to
bring it back to the frequency that I was operating
on. A few days later I fired up the receiver and let
it warm up for a good 30 minutes and surfed the bands
and had the same problem and also had a lot of  say
chirping birds as I moved the main dial.

Could anyone help me out in rectifying this situation?

I love my Heathkits and have a blast operating them.

Cheers

Janusz   ve2zhp