Cheyenne and Comanche questions

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 29 16:11:09 EDT 2007

The microphone connectors used by both Motorola and
General Electric will work fine with the Cheyenne.
However, you have to remove the set screw on the side
of the connector.

The various two-way radio manufacturers rotated the
pins in their connectors just enough so that they will
not align with those of another manufacturer.
Otherwise, the connectors are identical.

There is a set screw on the side of the plug which is
there to keep the pins from rotating and coming out
when the plug is removed.  Removing this set screw has
no effect on the performance of the plug.  So long as
the plug is inserted and the connecting ring is in
place there is no chance of anything going wrong.
When you remove the plug you do have to be careful
because the plastic holding the pins may stay in the
jack.  You just have to pull the plastic to remove the
pins from the jack.

It is possible to drill a new hole in the plastic so
that the set screw can be put back in and hold the
pins in proper alignment.

For those persons who requested that I look for some
connectors:  I have not had a chance to look.  Will do
so very soon.

Glen, K9STH

--- "Davies, Doug A FOR:EX" <Doug.Davies at GOV.BC.CA>
wrote:

I think someone one this list mentioned a while back
that the old Motorola or GE microphone plugs/sockets
from the early FM stuff would work on these radios.
Such is not the case.  I have both the GE and the
Motorola ones and they don't fit.  I believe the ones
on the Comanche and Cheyenne are the same ones that
are on the Shawnee and the Pawnee. They are 4-pin but
the spacing of the pins is different than the GE or
Motorola ones.  For what it's worth....

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

http://mail.yahoo.com