Winter SB-230 Project!

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 12 10:29:33 EDT 2007

I believe that most 8560A conversions use grounded
grid.  As such, no screen supply is needed.

If the linear is rewired for grid driven operation
then a bias supply and screen supply are needed.
Also, you would need a pretty good attenuator between
the rig and the input because grid driven amplifiers
require MUCH less drive than grounded grid.

Glen, K9STH

--- Allen Jones <w9dz at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

Since the 8560 is a tetrode you will need a regulated
screen and bias supply in addition to the plate
supply.  The 8560 is very much like the 4CX250B and
will probably give you 350W or so out. My SB-230 is
good for nearly 600W peak output with the original
8873.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?