SB-401 Info/Experience needed.

Tom NØJMY - AAR7FV tfarl at MCHSI.COM
Tue Apr 8 09:48:51 EDT 2008

Hello, all.  I'm working on adding the SB-401 to our line of
electrolytic re-cap kits, but have come up with a few questions for
those of you who've owned one of these.

On the "Carrier Generator Circuit Board" there are four small axial-lead
electrolytic caps: 10 uf @ 15V, plus a PC mount 20 uf @ 350V.

1. Have you ever experienced a failure of any of these?
2. If you were doing a rebuild or recap of an SB-401, would you replace
these five capacitors as a matter of course?

In the power supply, there are the two 125 ufd can-type capacitors.

3. If you've replaced these caps, what kind of caps did you replace them
with?
4. Did it take any modification(s) in order to facilitate whatever it
was that you used?

5.  Is there any other words of wisdom regarding recapping the
SB-301/401 twins?

I'm putting the finishing touches on the SB-301 recap kit, and would
really like to be able to supply a good practical kit for the '401 as well.

Thanks for your help,
Tom

Front Panel Overlays for Ham Radio-
New Can-type Capacitors- HW-16-DX60-Drake-more.
  www.hayseedhamfest.com