Help Connecting Heath SB-610 to SB-101 for recv monitoring

Bob Hardie- W5UQ W5EUQ at VERIZON.NET
Thu Aug 7 07:33:04 EDT 2008

be sure to put the cap as close to the plate connection as you can.
Make sure the cap is ACTUALLY 1pf..sounds like it's not.

Or use a gimmick capacitor, twist two wires together for about 5 turns.
Make sure that the shortest end of the wire goes close to the plate...
keep that end very short.  The other side of the twist needs to go to
the spare phono jack on the back.  If you have some coax, it's a good
idea to use it for the run to the phono connector from the capacitor.

You may have to touch up the IF can tuning after adding this mod.  Tune
in the crystal calibrator, mark the starting point of the slug on the
can carefully and tune the can CCW first a bit.  If the gain doesn't
improve, then go CW.

GL. Bob  W5UQ