More help need: information on IF tanks in SB-101 et al

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Wed Aug 13 10:52:24 EDT 2008

Looking for a bit more help (in addition to my previous email regarding 40-748 and 40-602). Does anyone have technical data on the coupling transformers used on the outputs of first receive IF Amplifier (V3: T102) and second receive IF Amplifier (V4: T103) in the SB-101 (probably used in many of the similiar Heathkit tube SSB rigs of that generation).

I would like to know for T102:
Inductor and capacitor values for primary (pins 4 and 3 - connects to plate of V3)
Inductor and capacitor values for secondary (pins 1 and 2 - connects to grid of V4)
If possible, coupling ratio between primary and secondary

For T103:
Inductor and capacitor values for primary (pins 4 and 1 - connects to plate of V4)
Inductor (no capacitor) value for secondary (pins 3 and 2 - low Z untuned connects to product detector V13C)
If possible, coupling ratio between primary and secondary

I also would like to obtain a good copy of the voltage chart - it is a foldout in the original manuals and is not in any of the manual copies on the BAMA website.

Many thanks for any help that might come my way.  I will pass along any information I dig up to everyone since this is recurrent question.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY