WTB MANUAL BINDINGS

Jeff Goldman k3dua at EROLS.COM
Thu Dec 4 16:58:34 EST 2008

Fellow Heathkit fans,

I have several old Heath manuals from the early 1960's which were
originally held together with a plastic binder, similar to a product
current made by GBC.   The plastic binding on my manuals is cracked
and falling apart.   I would like to replace them.   But the current
GBC product is different from what was on the manuals.

The current binder is made with 19 tines (these are the pieces that go
through the manual to hold everything together) and these 19 tines are
spaced every 9/16 of an inch.  The old manuals have 22 tines which are
spaced every 1/2 inch.  According to GBC the smaller size that I need
hasn't been made is about 40 years.

If anyone has any of these bindings lying around (must be at least 5/8
diameter to hold the manual), I would like to buy at least 2 of them.
Or if anyone knows where to get them today, please let me know.

Thanks and 73,
Jeff, K3DUA