It seems that 'free' downloads of Heathkit manuals are no longer available! Copyright issues.

brad ballen at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sat Dec 13 18:36:17 EST 2008

It seems a fellow by the name of Don Peterson is the owner of Professionals
of Pleasanton, CA. It seems he worked at Heathkit as a tech. Hope this
helps. I did send along a note to make him aware of the need for manuals.
Brad KB2CHY

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List [mailto:HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV] On
Behalf Of Mike Bryce
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 13:01
To: HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: [HEATH-TEMPE] It seems that 'free' downloads of Heathkit
manuals are no longer available! Copyright issues.

I am not a lawyer and I don't have any real knowledge of legal stuff.

but that being said, it seems to me that copyrights and even patents
expire.

does anyone really own the rights to a manual that is 40+ years old?
especially since it has been in the public domain for so long. Yes, I
know heathkit still owns (did own) the right to their own stuff, but
has never in all mine time, never raised a finger to protect it's
copyright.

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is
never sure.