It seems that 'free' downloads of Heathkit manuals are no longer available! Copyright issues.

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 15 11:25:55 EST 2008

The original printed manuals are no problem.  You can sell them, trade them, etc.  That is just like any other book that you own.  However, the problems come in where COPIES are involved.  With a very few exceptions under the "fair use" provisions of the Copyright Law of the United States of America use of copies is very limited and selling them is a definite "no no"!

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

--- On Sat, 12/13/08, Jim Hill <jameskhill at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

From: Jim Hill <jameskhill at EARTHLINK.NET>

Data Professionals cannot keep us from selling or trading manuals or schematics here or on the E place. What we have is our own private property and we can do with it as we please.  There's not thing one that Data Pro can do about that.  So the exchange of information will likely continue as it has in the past.

I recall hearing almost the same thing a couple of years ago, but it went, "We can download music all we want and there is not one thing that those music people can do anything about it."  Well we saw what that cost the downloaders and the uploaders of the music.