GC1 troubles

Mike Bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sat Dec 27 20:00:12 EST 2008

Gang..

Have i got one for the group.

working on a Mohican receiver.

on the "D" band, 19 to 9 mhz, as you tune the main tuning control to
around 12 mhz, the local oscillator drops level and just quietly stops!

this only happens on this one band, the rest have more than ample
output from the oscillator.

the tuned circuits for band "D" are so buried, I don't know if the
effort would be worth the problem.

I swapped out the transistor in the oscillator with several others I
had in two other mohican receivers

any ideas?

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced