sb102

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Wed Feb 6 11:54:02 EST 2008

On 6 Feb 2008 at 10:13, Joe Dessinger wrote:

> I am wondering why my 102 has the tube type lmo.
> Was it changed from original or could this be original?

Changing those to the tube-tupe LMO was somewhat
common in "the day", and is easily done. The tube-type
LMOs are generally more stable than the SS ones.

In fact, there were articles on how to change the VFO in the
HW-101 to that LMO. That isn't too difficult either.

However, I have found the VFO in the HW-101 to be quite
adequate for my uses, especially when coupled with one of
those new digital readouts.

Ken Gordon W7EKB