SB-102 VFO

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Fri Feb 8 01:04:25 EST 2008

On 7 Feb 2008 at 16:24, Dwight Smith wrote:

> Another SB-102  question.  Did all the SB-102's have an 6sh6 in the
> V-10 position as stated in a well know Heathkit book, or did some have
> the 6au6? I have one marked SB-102 on the front panel with a tube type
> VFO but the circuit board is marked for a 6au6 in the V-10 position.
> Is this an SB-101 with the wrong label, or a SB-102 that has had the
> VFO changed and the rf- driver circuit board changed also,  or what is
> it?

As I remember it, Heathkit went BACK to the 6AU6 some
time during the production run of the SB-102, since 6HS6s
were much more difficult to get.

Besides, the 6AU6 lasts a good deal longer in that service
(RF and 1st RX mixer) than the 6HS6 does.

Ken Gordon W7EKB