FT FL2100

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at MSN.COM
Sat Feb 23 14:14:22 EST 2008

I would like to trade my FL2100 amp for a Heathkit sb200 in order to finish putting together my Heathkit SB line station.  Either a straight across trade or a trade for my 2100 and a small amount of cash which I'll add to the pot.  I'm doing this because I want to have a complete SB station and while the 2100 is a good amp on its own, it doesn't match the SB line look.
I think, from comparing the specs for both, they are pretty close to equal value and specs though.

This FL2100 is in good shape and has the rated high voltage.  However, output is below the rated output because of weak tubes.  That is the only issue I can find with it.

If desired, since the SB200 uses the same tubes as  the 2100 (a pair of 572B tubes), the "tradee" may remove his/her tubes and I will do the same and we can swap across without the tubes.  We each pay to ship our unit.

If I can't find anyone interested in a trade, I will entertain offers to just buy the 2100 and I'll put the money toward an SB200 when one shows up for sale.  However, a trade would be my first choice.