DX-100B Problems

Mike Hardie mike46 at SHAW.CA
Sat Jan 5 15:18:22 EST 2008

My DX-100B has never run as per the manual from the start when I bought it
second hand.

Using the CW mode  160M and 80M operate normally. On 40M the driver current
won't go below 10 ma, even with the control set at zero. (Very brief key
down)  On 20M and higher the driver current behavior is the same as 40M, but
there's no current through the finals, and of course no output.  I've tried
different makes of 6146 tubes (no letter) and done the usual wiring and tube
checks.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Mike VE7MMH