DX-100B Problems

Michael Waldrop w5rkl at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 7 21:59:59 EST 2008

The DX-100's VFO operates on 3 separate frequencies, 1.750 to 2.000Mhz,
7.000 to 7.425Mhz, and 6.740 to 6.807.5Mhz, depending on the band switch
position. The 1.750 to 2.000Mhz is for 160 and 80 meters, 7.000 to 7.425Mhz
is for 40 and above, excluding 11 meters, and 6.740 to 7.807.5Mhz is
for 11 meters.

I would check the oscillator and driver band switch for broken wires
or bad switch contacts. I would also check for the 3 different
VFO frequencies depending on the band switch position. If the 6 and 7Mhz
signals are not there you will have no output on 40 and above.

You might also check the 6AQ5 clamp tube adjustment to ensure the
final tubes are cut off when the driver control is set to zero.

73's
Mike
W5RKL