Drive Belts or drive belts

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 31 11:01:17 EST 2008

They are nothing but "O" rings!  At least the
originals.  An "O" ring from a hardware store works
fine and costs considerably less than what you are
going to pay someone who just buys a quantity of the
rings and then resells them.  You can find "O" rings
made from various materials.  Most of them today are
made from a synthetic rubber and not "real" rubber.
They work fine and will last at least as long as the
originals.

You can replace them with dial cord and a small
spring.  I have seen that done on a number of units.
That way you don't have to worry about the rings
wearing out.

Glen, K9STH

--- Jerry_Rego <Jerry_Rego at COMCAST.NET> wrote:

There is someone out there that sells the drive belts
(looks like a big "O" Ring, but is not)  for the SB
101 transceiver.  Does anyone have the email address
and name of this person so I may contact him to
purchase 4 of these drive BELTS.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs