Question for the experts at Heathkit about not so ancient Heathkit radio

Richard Post postr at OHIOU.EDU
Wed Mar 12 02:10:23 EDT 2008

Hi Van,

Thanks for the catalog reference for approximate date.  Don't have
the '74 catalog but my Summer '77 catalog page 5 shows what is likely
Bob's AM-FM radio without a clock as a GR-48.  No GR-28 or any clock
version listed so I assume Heath discontinued them before '77.  The
GR-48 kit is priced at $43.95.  You mentioned the GR-28 was a $41.95
kit. Heath apparently didn't sell that many. Seems like a lot of
money for a simple AM-FM or AM set and that was over 20 years ago
when the dollar was king and the Euro still a dream.

Rich KB8TAD