SB200 - general questions

Jack Schrader w1jhs at VERIZON.NET
Sat Mar 15 11:28:43 EDT 2008

When I was doing research on my sb200 there was a site that suggested
using these small coils of wire to reduce the filament voltage. Don't
remember what site it was.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Army Curtis - AE5P" <ae5p at SUDDENLINK.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: SB200 - general questions

It appears from the pictures that the coils in question are part of the
filament circuit for the 572B's. With the relatively small size of wire
used, I believe the purpose was to drop the filament voltage a little
bit on
the tubes. It might be interesting to closely measure the voltage
actually
getting to the filaments, both with the coil jumpers and the short
jumpers
you substituted. You may find the short jumpers result in the voltage
being
a little too high.

Hope this helps.

Army Curtis - AE5P