Another Capacitor Kit: SB-301

Tom NØJMY - AAR7FV tfarl at MCHSI.COM
Tue May 6 10:08:05 EDT 2008

(This is a shameless plug from top to bottom).

Thanks, everyone for helping keep the capacitor kit project going!
Right now we're up to about 70 kits sold

I wanted to tip everyone off to the imminent arrival (this week) of the
first production run of electrolytic re-cap kits for Heathkit SB-301
receivers.  Actually, the biggest share of this batch have been pre-sold
at $27.95 + shipping, and at this writing I'm down to four kits
unspoken-for.  More are plugged-in for production down the road, but I
mention these in case anyone is in need and would like their's sooner.

Here are the original specs vs. the new kit's specs:

Multi-Section Can:
Original         New
100 uF @ 200 V    100 uF @ 250V
40 uF @ 200 V     47 uF @ 250V
40 uF @ 200 V     47 uF @ 250V
40 uF @ 200 V     47 uF @ 250V
new can sections rated 105C

Invidual Axial Caps:
qty 1: 10 uF @ 15V    10 uF @ 35V
qty 3: 10 uF @ 150V    10 uF @ 250V

Also arriving is run #4 of the HW-16 kit, #3 of the DX-60, and a small
batch of Drake 2A/2B kits.

Hope to have a wider selection as time goes by, and we're still able to
supply special orders (one-offs, etc.) with a 3-week or so lead time.

It really isn't necessary to put up with me in order to order these if
you don't want to.  My web-page is finally set up with a shopping cart
that accepts both credit cards *and* PayPal.  And of course, money
orders are still FB.

The caps and shopping cart are located at
www.hayseedhamfest.com/capkit.htm .

73, es thanking you once again for indulging this outburst of capitalism,
Tom
--
Front Panel Overlays for Ham Radio-
New Can-type Capacitors- HW-16-DX60-Drake-more.