DX-100 info

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 29 20:44:08 EDT 2008

If you mean the first hole below the Heathkit plastic
logo there is none.  In fact, on the original DX-100
and DX-100B there is not a hole.  This hole is drilled
when installing the "spot" switch which was an "add
on" kit that Heath came out with to add a "spot"
switch and to add a circuit to help "shape" the CW
signal.

If you mean the first hole below the VFO "cut out"
there is nothing on this one as well.  That is where
the knob for the VFO control goes.  It is the same for
the second hole below that.  In that hole goes the red
jewel for the lamp that comes on when the transmit
switch is activated.

Go to

http://k9sth.com/uploads/webnewphoto.JPG

and scroll down.  There is a photo of my DX-100 which
has had the "spot" switch added.

Glen, K9STH

--- mtippin <mlt67 at EMBARQMAIL.COM> wrote:

Can some one tell me what lettering goes over the
first hole below Heatkit ? The one I have has VFO and
some lettering right below that and still above the
hole.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com