GC-1A Mohican

Bob Krassa radio at KRASSA.COM
Sat Oct 4 13:13:23 EDT 2008

A few weeks ago there was some discussion of differences
between the GC-1 and GC-1A.  I just noticed that in the
manual for the XP-2 AC power supply, there is a drawing of
the circuit boards for both models.  The difference is that
on the GC-1A, R35 which is a 22K from the base of the audio
driver transistor to the primary of the audio trf, is no
longer connected to R38, R39 and the big filter cap, which
are the B supply.  Even though the manual that I have, which
I think is from BAMA, is marked for the GC-1A and dated
10/27/61, those changes were not made in either the circuit
description or the schematic.

The drawings show that you can tell if you have a GC-1A
because R22 is mounted at an angle instead of parallel to
the long side of the circuit board.

So, I do not think I have ever seen an actual non-A model.

73 Bob Krassa AC0JL