GC-1A Mohican

Bob Krassa radio at KRASSA.COM
Mon Sep 1 10:48:10 EDT 2008

I am not sure if the unit I am restoring is a GC-1 or GC-1A
and would like to ask if anyone can tell me the difference
between the two models? Cosmetically from checking the web
looks like the differences are that the GC-1 knobs were
dull, GC-1A were shiny; GC-1 did not have the model number
printed on the front of the cabinet, GC-1A does, and GC-1
antenna tip is conical with a flat top while GC-1A is
rounded, BUT I think all of these are also true of early GC-
1As.

My question really goes to differences in the circuits.
Since this is an unusual positive ground radio, I want to be
a little bit careful.  The schematic I have is for the GC-1A.

Thanks and 73s Bob Krassa AC0JL