Heathkit paint

Schichler, Alfred (GE EntSol, Digital Energy) Alfred.Schichler at GE.COM
Mon Sep 15 11:14:44 EDT 2008

I know there was a guy selling cans of spray paint on eBay for green
Heathkit cabinets.
I bought some a while back. It was kind of close, but it seemed a little
more blueish than any of the cabinets I had with the factory finish.
At least they would all be the same color if you repainted them.

Al, WA2AS

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Bryce [mailto:prosolar at SSSNET.COM]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 10:20 AM
To: HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] Heathkit paint

Gang!

Yesterday we got the left overs of hurricane Ike. Kicked out butts here
in ohio... I can only imagine what it was like down on gulf coast.
Anyway I lost several antennas and got some roof damage.

We lost power here on and off all day long. So between the wind and
power outages, I worked on and repaired some of the old Heahkit rigs I
had up on my "60s" station.

Got everything up and going but my God, it seems that every cabinet on
every piece of gear is a different color. Seemed heathkit was never too
much into keeping the color of paint the same.

I know there was a guy here on the list that sold heathkit paint, but
think he moved off to better things.

Who has a nice selection of heathkit paint in spray cans? I want to
repaint the entire station so it matches all the pieces...

Oh Yea!  My house is solar powered and I have the capacity to run the
old tube stuff on solar power. Talk about a hoot running a DX context
with vintage rigs in the dark...

mike
WB8VGE
Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

To post - HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended
only for use of the designated recipient(s) named above.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this message in error, and that any review,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or alteration of this message is
please notify the originator immediately and remove it from your system.