GB> Heathkit LMO's TX vs RX tube

Allen Jones w9dz at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 28 19:04:18 EDT 2009

I understand what you say except that the filament voltage and draw are the same for both according to my GE tube manual, 6.3 V at 0.3 Amps.

Oh well, guess it doesn't really matter. Just intrested why. I have two pair of twins, one set from 1968 and the other from 1972. They all use the same LMO. Both TX's use 6BZ6's and the RX's 6CB6's. That also agrees with the manuals and the parts list.

I applied power to the spare I got off eBay last evening. I checked the frequency with my counter after 10 minutes and then an hour or so later. I only moved 75 Hertz. Not bad for something built 40 years ago!

73,

Allen, W9DZ