Fw: PART ID PLEASE

Tom Chesek tchesek at EPIX.NET
Sat Aug 8 14:17:00 EDT 2009

Adrian makes some very good observations. I did not look at the schematics provided in my link. I saw that they were there and quickly referenced them as a possible source for K2SSE's project. I doublechecked my information and what I reported about part 54-2 is what the Heathkit document states. I don't know why there is that discrepency but certainly the specs listed would not work in the SG-7 or SG-8. The parts list from the SG-8 manual definately lists 54-2 as the part number so who knows...maybe Heath used the same part number twice but I've checked old part numbers in the past and they jive with the Master Parts File specs.

Tom K3TVC

----- Original Message -----
From: Adrian Flynn
To: Tom Chesek
Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: PART ID PLEASE

How can the transformer specifications be 470 V CT? The schematic shows a UNTAPPED transformer  and the schematics for the AV-3 and the VC-2 Which both use the same transformer  have Filters rated at 150 VOLTS!  If you apply that kind of voltage to that circuit you will most likely have filters launching into the ceiling and a GIANT FART from that selenium and that smell is very hard to get rid of for a few days.
http://www.nostalgickitscentral.com/heath/schematics/heathkit_schema_av3.gif
http://www.nostalgickitscentral.com/heath/schematics/heathkit_schema_vc2.gif

I don't think that is the right set of specifications.
Adrian
KF7DYU