[ Long ] Non-HEATH sites as good like this one? + other sites?

Robert Myers rsmyers at ROGERS.COM
Wed Aug 19 07:00:20 EDT 2009

Hello,

1.  I have questions regarding some non-HEATH radios, old and new, made by
other specific manufactures that I'd like to be able to pose to an
experienced and knowledgeable group of people (you know --- like I do when
asking my HEATH questions to the folks on this HEATH list mailer, for
example).  We really have a solid and helpful knowledge base here, I have to
say.

Can anyone that's familiar with these other list servers please supply me
with a pretty comprehensive set of what they consider to be good, 'List
Server sites,' where I can read how to Register with them to become a
member?  I want to join some other mailing lists with a lot of long term
knowledge in its members --- if that's possible.

The other manufactures that come to mind are: ICOM, YAESU (VERTEX), KENWOOD,
DRAKE, COLLINS, etc. (???)

2.  I am also looking for just plain old websites (not 'list servers,' per
se), that have a where the amateur radio operator community consensus about
them is the they are very good people to deal with.  Maybe sites that trade,
or fix, the other brands I named above (Heath, too.  Of course!).  Or
specialize in them to some extent. Also looking for any particular good
radios dealer's web sites that our amateur radio community seems to like.

I am getting sick of EBay.

I would certainly appreciate hearing from any of you who can give me some
information on web sites of the sort mentioned for those manufactures ---
the ones with the personal touch.

Cheers,
--- Rob