Vibrators

Kent Kressenberg krkress at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sat Aug 22 20:39:38 EDT 2009

Oh... another tip: Instead of a hacksaw, which can be hard to control and a
challenge to keep things neat, try a DREMEL rotary tool with a cut-off
blade. I've used them for years for such metal-cutting projects. I consider
mine utterly INDISPENSABLE.

73 de WB4SYU,

Kent

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence Steeno" <lcbs at SBCGLOBAL.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 6:25 PM
Subject: Vibrators

I have taken a hacksaw and cut around the base about 1/2 inch from bottom
and pulled them apart. Then using a burnishing blade clean the contacts. If
you do not have a burnishing blade use a piece of cardboard such as a
receipe (sp) card that has been soaked in cleaning fluid to run between the
contacts to clean them. The contacts are very hard to help prevent pitting
from sparks generated when being used so to get them usable it is best to
use a burnishing blade that will polish and smooth the contact faces. Give
it a try, then when working, put the cover back on the vibrator and solder a
nice bead all the way around and you are all set. Not a bad job to do. Some
vibrators have aluminum cases, these you will need a very strong tape, I use
a metal aluminum tape which works well.
Larry K9LWI

To post - HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV