SB-104A rx overload problem...Help Please!!

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr. ac1y at NC.RR.COM
Mon Dec 28 23:25:04 EST 2009

Hi, gang!

My SB-104A seems to be affected by guys operating excessive power and/or
wide sigs. For instance, on 75m here in the Southeast, There are a bunch of
fellows on/around 3895 who are running BIG power and wide-open speech
processors with resultant spurs in their signals. I hear that dreck on up
through 3975 or so! And, the spurs are really loud, often S9 or more.

If there's mods out there to help improve the selectivity and sensitivity to
these types of rx overload, I sure would like to hear from you. Fortunately,
I have the Extender Board for my '104A which would make working on it a lot
easier.

73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. (Sandy) Gerli, Sr.