sb102

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Sun Feb 15 17:21:29 EST 2009

On 14 Feb 2009 at 17:27, Joe Dessinger wrote:

> Thanks in advance. My 102 appears to be generating full rf power as
> soon as mic is keyed, no audio present. mic level, and carrier null
> controls have no effect. Help needed!

We need more information:

1) On what band or bands does this occur?

2) What frequency?

3) Does this effect change with change in frequency?

4) What kinds of final amp tubes are you using (6146,
6146A, 6146B or 6146W)?

5) What is your SWR reading?

6) Are you attempting to load the rig into a dummy load, or
an antenna, or an antenna coupler/antenna combination?

It sounds to me as though your transmitter final amps are
oscillating, or "running away".

If you are using 6146Bs or 6146Ws, yank them and install
a pair of good 6146s before you do anything else.

Ken Gordon W7EKB