tubes in the HW101

Dick KF4NS kf4nsradio at VERIZON.NET
Fri Feb 27 17:30:38 EST 2009

While I was doing some tube inventory, I came across what appears to
be a sub for the 6HS6. I have several 6AH6 tubes which, depending on
the cross ref direction, can be used but have never heard of anyone
trying it.

The main differences appear to be the Mu, gain and interelectrode
capacitance. Not sure if any would dramatically affect the operation
in the assigned purpose for the 6HS6s. Any opinions? Oh, and the 6AH6
is much cheaper today.

73, Dick KF4NS
St Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep The Glow!