Has anyone come up with a way to trouble shoot HR-1680 bds?

Mike Bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Mon Jul 6 14:34:26 EDT 2009

bob and the gang

I feel that the 1680 is one of the better receivers heathkit ever came
out with. it looks good and even on todays bands, it can hold its own

as for the extender boards, yes, the connectors are just not out
there. the pins are .093 molex, but I can't for the life of me find
the sockets that I can make a new pcb work

so, to that end, i use micro grabber connectors that allow me to hook
onto a test point and still have the pcb down into the radio.

slow...sure is, but it is workable.

I've also soldered small wires (resistor lead cutoffs) to various test
points and used small clip leads to connect to.

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced