SB-200 mods....

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Mon Jul 6 15:28:09 EDT 2009

On 6 Jul 2009 at 7:37, Guy G. Giacopuzzi wrote:

> Been putting in  the VHF oscillation suppressors per Rich
> Measures....

Excellent idea.

> I've come to the point of protecting the meters with
> diodes....is this simply a matter of putting two diodes (1N5400's),
> one each direction, across the meter terminals?  Looking for advice...

Practically any diode with enough PRV will do, and
although the 1N5404 is probably a bit of over-kill, I would
use those if I had them.

Here is about the best website I have yet found concerning
SB-200 mods...and the REASONS for them, which many
other, possibly more popular, sites don't mention.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa0fri/Lineairs/SB200/sb200eng.htm

I am also installing Rich Measures' full-QSK circuit into both
of my SB-200s. Although Rich's circuit was originally
designed for the SB-220 and other amps like them, it can
be quite easily installed in the SB-200 and works just as
effectively there.

Besides, Rich has all the necessary parts for sale at
reasonable prices.

His website is:

http://www.somis.org

He has some very good things to say about the Heathkit
SB-220, by the way.

Ken Gordon W7EKB