SB-102 - more troubles

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 14 20:28:33 EDT 2009

The problems that I have seen in the solid-state LMO in the SB-102 is not stability.  They seem to be as stable as the tube-types.  However, it has been my experience that the company that manufactured the solid-state LMOs did not perform the close calibration that TRW did on the tube-type.  In every SB-102 that I have worked on the LMOs were pretty much "spot on" at the 100 kHz points.  But, in between I have seen them as much as 5 kHz off from the dial reading.

I understand that there is an amateur radio operator somewhere down in Florida who will work on getting the calibration of the solid-state LMOs just as good as the tube-type.  From what I have heard this is basically a "labor of love" because what he charges is very small when considering all the work that is required.  Unfortunately, his name and call escape me right now!

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com