SB-102 - more troubles

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 15 20:40:19 EDT 2009

Fixing the lubrication problem has no effect on the calibration, it only removes the warbling.  As I said before, the company that made the solid-state LMOs for Heath (not TRW) didn't put forth the effort to calibrate them as did TRW on the tube-type LMOs.  As such, a great many of the solid-state LMOs really "stink" in terms of calibration and have been that way since they were manufactured.

Of course they are always capacitors, etc., that can go bad.  However, it is very rare that a component goes bad in any of the Heath LMOs.  Possible, yes, probable, no.

It is possible to get the solid-state LMOs to "track" correctly.  But, it is a very tedious process and can involve several hours of bending the calibration plates because as you bend one of them the entire calibration changes and you have to experiment to get everything "just right".

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com