SB-102 - more troubles

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Jul 16 11:23:18 EDT 2009

On 15 Jul 2009 at 17:40, Glen Zook wrote:

> Fixing the lubrication problem has no effect on the calibration, it
> only removes the warbling.  As I said before, the company that made
> the solid-state LMOs for Heath (not TRW) didn't put forth the effort
> to calibrate them as did TRW on the tube-type LMOs.

Brian just told me in a private e-mail that the solid-state
LMO in HIS SB-102 IS made by TRW, and is held together
with screws exactly like the earlier ones.

Heathkit seems to have made several changes to the SB-
102 during its production life.

We have found at least two different "S" meter circuits in
various schematics.

Ken Gordon W7EKB