SB-102 Problem...!!!!!

Alexander N. Gerli Sr. ac1y at NC.RR.COM
Sun Jul 26 16:27:47 EDT 2009

Hi, gang!

Had a nasty surprise this afternoon. Went to tune up the SB-102 for the
Heathkit Net on 20M and the USB position of the MODE switch seemed flaky.
Tons of rx and tx in LSB and TUNE, but USB rx was quite attenuated and so
was CW. No mic gain either in USB, but tons in LSB.

Somehow, I doubt that the MODE switch is flaky; I've cleaned all the pots
and switches in the past two months. Since I'm usually on 75 and 40M, I
didn't notice that anything was necessarily wrong until this afternoon.
Sure tuned up fine in TUNE.

I'm wondering if the USB xtal might be at fault, as the rx is pretty poor as
well.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I might begin looking? Nothing in
the ICOD section of the Manual seems to address a problem like this.

73!

Sandy, AC1Y/G5CPJ

Alexander N. (Sandy) Gerli, Sr.

4012 Bristol Road