SB 300 LMO

Mark Johnson mvjohn at SYMPATICO.CA
Mon May 18 11:25:23 EDT 2009

Heath Team;
I'm bringing a nice SB-300 back to life and I'm closing in on the last of the problems.

The LMO needed work as the dial drive was loose. I had to remove the actual variable cap to get the rotor set screw tightened up.

After re-assembling the LMO and testing it, my actual linearity is off a bit. From the bottom end of any given band, say 14,000 to 14,100 khz, the dial accuracy is off by about 2.5 khz. Over the rest of the band, 14,100 to 14,500 the accuracy between calibration points is off by about 1 khz.

Is this reasonable? I hate to think about taking that LMO out again and trying to adjust the linearity or 'tracking' by bending the rotor plates on the variable cap.

Thanks

Mark V Johnson VE3DJU/VE3DDI